Dedicated by Lord Stanley in 1889, Vancouver’s first park is it’s largest. Stretching over 400 hectares, the lush evergreen oasis features walking and cycling trails, beautiful beaches, cultural & family activities, local wildlife, west coast dining, and it’s famous Seawall. Always thriving with activity, it’s not to be missed!
* Just a 10 minute walk from the Tropicana Suite Hotel
Located at the foot of Stanley Park is Vancouver’s most populated downtown beach. Featuring swimming, kayaking, beach volleyball, a concession and access to some of Vancouver’s top restaurants. Home to major Vancouver events like the Honda Celebration of Light (the largest offshore fireworks competition in the world) and the annual Polar Bear Swim, English Bay never disappoints.
* Just 15 minutes on transit or a 25 minute walk from the Tropicana Suite Hotel
Vancouver’s urban island oasis is located in the west part of False Creek. Art shops, book stores, cafes, boutiques, top restaurants, and an amazingly diverse fresh food market are what make Granville Island a must see. Local entertainers, artists and unique offerings create an atmosphere where visitors and locals alike stop to take it in.
* Just 30 minutes on transit or a 10 minute drive from the Tropicana Suite Hotel
Capilano Suspension Bridge
Always listed as one of Vancouver’s top attractions, the Capilano Suspension Bridge offers the serenity of a West Coast rainforest coupled with the excitement and adventure from a treetop perspective. Featuring the Suspension Bridge, Cliffwalk, Treetops Adventure, Story Centre, Kia’palano history and nature tours, and more. Breathe the amazingly fresh BC air on a day you won’t soon forget.
* Just 30 minutes on transit or a 15 minute drive from the Tropicana Suite Hotel
Located at the east end of False Creek, illuminate your mind and senses at the Telus World of Science. Creativity, imagination and wonder await for all ages with hourly shows, interactive exhibits & puzzles and Western Canada’s largest IMAX screen. A true family favorite in Vancouver!
* Just 20 minutes on transit or a 10 minute drive from the Tropicana Suite Hotel
– See Canada like you’ve never seen before! Located at Canada Place and beside the Vancouver convention centre, FlyOver Canada is a breathtaking, family-friendly flight simulation ride. Using the latest in projection and ride technology, this incredible journey covers over 6,000 kilometers from coast to coast and lets you experience Canada like you never have before.
* Just 17 minutes on transit or a 20 minute walk from the Tropicana Suite Hotel
Queen Elizabeth Park
Enjoy spectacular views from the highest point in Vancouver, Queen Elizabeth Park. It is also home to the Bloedel Conservatory & VanDusen Gardens. Explore the tropical gardens within the triodetic dome or the landscaped quarry garden. Floral and fauna enthusiasts will revel in the parks beauty. The park also attracts artist, musicians, and athletes with recreational activities like pitch and putt, tennis courts, rollerblade hockey rink, and disc golf.
* Just 40 minutes on transit or a 20 minute drive from the Tropicana Suite Hotel
Vancouver Art Gallery
Generally regarded as being located at the centre of Vancouver is the Vancouver Art Gallery. Widely renowned for it’s collection of international art, don’t miss spending at least half a day checking it out. Another joy, is just sitting on the steps and watching the city go by.
* Just 10 minutes on transit or a 10 minute walk from the Tropicana Suite Hotel
Museum Of Anthropology
Located on the grounds of the University of British Columbia, MOA is an architectural wonder. Known for its collections, research and teachings, the museum’s galleries give you access to almost 10,000 archeological objects from around the world.
* Just 50 minutes on transit or a 20 minute drive from the Tropicana Suite Hotel
The centerpiece of the three North Shore mountains that frame the beautiful city of Vancouver, Grouse Mountain is one of the cities best outdoor adventure spots. Skiing, hiking, ziplines, paragliding, wildlife, disc golf and premier dining are just some of the activities that make this a world class destination and a must visit.
* Just 35 minutes on transit or a 15 minute drive from the Tropicana Suite Hotel